With the beginning of the new year, people have already begun writing new year’s resolutions. As someone who writes resolutions every year, I can say that I appreciate the process and acknowledge that many times these resolutions can be completed.
However, for most, resolutions last about…. one month. They’re the people you see at the gym until February 1st hits and you finally get your space on the elliptical back. For this reason, although I write resolutions, I also writes goals throughout the year to keep me on track. I highly recommend writing both short- and long-term goals because they hold you responsible for your resolutions throughout the year.
So, I am posting my goals and resolutions here, publicly, so I may be held responsible for them. Maybe in a year I will be able to post that I have completed most of them!
- Eat clean and mindfully (limit processed food and refined sugar)
- Eat more whole, natural foods
- Exercise everyday (even if it’s just a short walk!)
- Get 8 hours of sleep a night on average
- Stretch more
- Relax more — do yoga, read books, drink tea, take some “me” time
- Be comfortable in my own body and appreciate it through every step of my health journey
- Learn to have a cheat meal and not turn it into a cheat day/cheat week (I really struggled with this over the holidays!)
- Stop focusing on the number on the scale and pay more attention to the changes in my body
- Get stronger!
- Eventually wean myself off of tracking calories, and eat according to what my body feels and needs
- Complete one month of Cassey Ho’s Blogilates Calendar (found here)
- Run another half-marathon and hopefully a marathon!
I hope seeing some of my goals and resolutions has inspired you to make changes in your life this year! I know there are skeptics out there who believe the whole “new year, new you” is too far-fetched, but if you just take 21 days you can form entirely new habits. Make your goals a regular part of your day and you are well on your way to accomplishing them! Good luck to all and happy new year!